Kids Learn Something New this Season!
By cookinwithsylviadewy on December 16, 2013
Christmas is around the corner and your kids are pretty excited about the fact that Santa Claus is coming to give them gifts for being nice to everyone for the whole year. This time of the year, your kids are very excited because they have enjoyable holidays from school. As a parent, it’s your responsibility to make your kid learn something new each day. Utilize their holidays and make them learn something worthy. This is a fact that if your kids do some creative task it help them to understand and learn things better, as practical knowledge is always helpful. And there is nothing more enjoyable than making them do some craft work, in fact you can also make them learn some cooking and to cook some easy recipes that they can make by their own or with some help!
In today’s article, I am going to discuss 5 craft ideas and 5 simple recipes that your kid can make this festive seasons. All the ideas are reasonable, easy and useful. The crafts and decorations can be used further for Christmas. In fact you can serve these recipes to your guest and can tell them proudly that your small kiddo made all these efforts to make it look so great. Believe me that feeling is just amazing which is inexpressible in words. First let’s talk about the recipes your kid can try –
- No Bake Oatmeal Cookies – We all know, oatmeal is good for our health. And cookies are the must-have goodie for Christmas. This recipe is very simple and as it don’t require even an oven, so you are sure that your kids won’t have any trouble and problem while making them. You can have the recipe here.
- Knorr Pumpkin Soup – we all know, soups are not just nourishing and satisfying but are complete delight for cold winters and for Christmas nothing can beat a nice warm bowl of pumpkin soup. You can help your kids while pureeing the ingredients to make a smooth soup. This pumpkin soup recipe is really simple and easy to make.
- Minty Chocolates – nothing can beat a chocolaty snack and those minty chocolates are not just easy to make but you can even give these chocolates as a gift to your loved ones. In this, grind 1 box chocolate wafers with ¾ cup almonds, ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, and ¼ cup sugar in a food-processor. Transfer to a bowl and add ¼ cup of chocolate milk and 1/3 cup light corn syrup. Shape into 3/4-inch balls and roll in crushed peppermint candy. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It makes about 4 dozen of chocolate treat.
- Hot Chocolate – who don’t like hot chocolates? even adults do – a warm cup of hot chocolate and indeed making a cup of hot chocolate is really easy. Help your kids while pouring hot milk.
- Reindeer marshmallow pops – A super easy and cute snack delight that they can make easily with marshmallow. Help them while decorating them. You can get the recipe here.
Now comes the easy craft ideas. Below, I am sharing few tips and craft ideas that your kids can make in their Christmas holiday time.
- Cards – Handmade cards always have an upper hand over the cards available in the market. Let your kid’s creativity boost, let them make cards of their choice.
- Christmas ornaments – They are another important decorating craft that we can use for Christmas for decorations. Let them make some ornaments with balls, papers, glitters or buttons etc.
- Paper Stars – we all know, star got an important role in Christmas. Make some beautiful paper stars and hang them outside your house.
- Wrapping Paper – We all need wrapping paper for wrapping our gifts and it would be really cute if we can make our own wrapping paper with colors and stamping methods.
- Buttons or Bottle-cap Magnets – These magnets can be used on fridge to mark something and you can make these magnets with a help of colorful big buttons, decorated bottle caps, artificial flowers etc. by sticking a piece of magnet at the back
I hope you got an idea what all you can try with your kids to make this Christmas more interesting and fruitful. Enjoy!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
FoodSaver® Reviews & Giveaways
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! Air is the enemy of freshness and FoodSaver® vacuum sealers remove and lock out air and moisture. It keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' posts and know more about FoodSaver® plus get a chance to win $100!
Recent Comments on Food