Kurtas Indian wear
By Indianfashion on October 09, 2007
Indian Fashion Clothes
Sometime back kurtas were taken as Indian wear, which can be coupled only with salwars, churidars or cotton pants. But now the kurti style seems to have a come a long way and is worn in many different styles, materials and colors.
1. For a formal occasion always go in for a dressy kurtis. You could go in for solid colors like black, white, brown, maroon, burgundy etc. You could also wear kurtis with sequence and in styles like the boat neck or the halter or a sleeve less or backless.2. If you’re on the plumper go in for looser kurtas and in darker colors and if your thin where fitted or semi fitted kurtas in lighter colors and the a-symmetrical style.
3. Kurtas in various colors and prints are in style. Motifs, floral prints, patch work, strips are all very classy and options that one can take.
4. One can wear kurtas today with jeans or with knee length skirts or long skirts or linen pants or salwars or churidars it all up to you and how you carry it off.
5. Cotton, georgette, chiffon, lycra and mixed fabrics, kurtas are available in all and one can wear which ever fabric she likes according to taste and body type.
6. Wearing knee length kurta with a long skirt or hip length kurtas with pants, jeans or knee length skirt with a belt thrown across or scarf will look great.
7. Kurtas in vibrant colors and strange prints are in vogue.
8. Kurtas with embroidery or with sequence, glitter or some shimmers are very chic and can be worn for dinner parties or casually as well. You can even make your kurti the way you like it and the fit you prefer by personalizing to you’re your style with lace, beads, buttons of your choice
So if you are having trouble deciding what to wear next time, just grab a kurti from your wardrobe as you know it will suit any occasion.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Indianfashion
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Fashion
Recent Comments on Fashion
By Rita Arens