LA BlogHer Job Board: Sr. Product Engineer
I am the community manager for Border Stylo. If you'd like to learn more about our company, check out our website.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Engineer, which might mean nothing to most people, except to the person we are looking for. The person we are looking for is the positive-minded rebel stuck in a lethargic, albeit successful bureaucracy, the lead engineer tired of having to manage bosses (and their ridiculous expectations) more than team members. The person we are looking for actually reads our entire lengthy job ad!
- Writes code that meets specifications.
- Develops software applications and tools.
- Implements activities that generally impact discrete components/processes of the work of own unit/team/projects.
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of Web-based application development.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Has working knowledge of programming languages important to the organization and C, C++, or Java.
- Knowledge about Linux-based systems.
- Familiarity with at least one "dynamic language," such as Ruby or Python.
- Familiarity with at least one functional programming language, such as Scheme or Haskell.
- Receives work in the form of short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment.
- Work is subject to regular supervisory review at regular intervals.
- Operates within the context of approved methods.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Position requires a minimum of 5 years of product engineering experience.
- Have server-side expertise in a language such as Ruby, Erlang, or Python, in combination with expert-level skills in C/C++ or Java.
- Additional experience in other languages, especially Lisp, Scheme, or Haskell.
- Experience working with relational databases (ex: Postgres, MySQL), document databases (ex: CouchDB) or distributed hash-based solutions (ex: MongoDB, Cassandra, Tokyo Cabinet) is helpful.
If you are interested in applying, please send us your resume, a brief intro about yourself (personality, ideologies, hobbies), and your recent work history to email@example.com.