Last of Summer Corn Bisque, Vegan
By American Vegetarian on October 08, 2013
Last of Summer Corn Bisque
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Carrot,½ inch Dice
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 6 Ears of Fresh Corn with the Corn Kernels Removed
- 6-8 Cups Corn Stock (Recipe Below)
Makes about 2 Quarts
- In a heavy bottom stock pot add olive oil, turn on medium. Add onion, garlic and salt, saute until the onions are translucent about 7-10 minutes.
- Add white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, pepper and fresh corn, stir until the onion mixture coats everything evenly.
- Pour in 6 cups of corn stock, more can be added later if needed.
- Simmer on medium low and stir often to prevent corn from burning. After about 25 to 35 minutes the carrots should be very tender, the soup is ready.
- Turn off heat.
- With an immersion or stick blender -blend soup in pot, careful it will be very hot. Be patient when blending you want the soup to be very smooth and creamy.
- If the soup seems too thick add the extra corn stock. Check for seasoning.
TIP- If you don’t have an immersion blender feel free to use a standard kitchen blender, just wait for the soup to cool before blending! Hot liquid in the blender will make the lid explode off. Trust me… I've done it, a lot..
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Chopped
- 2 Stalks of Carrot, Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Sliced
- 1 tsp. Whole Peppercorns
- 2 Whole Way Leaves
- 1 Bunch of Thyme
- 1 Bunch Fresh Parsley
- 8 Cups of Water
- Six Corncobs with the Corn Kernels Removed
- In a heavy bottom stock pot on medium add olive oil.
- Add onions, celery, carrots, salt and garlic, saute until the onions are translucent about 7-10 minutes.
- Add whole peppercorns, bay leaves, fresh thyme and parsley, stir with until combined.
- Pour in water and add corn cobs.
- Simmer on medium low for about 45 minutes until the carrots are very tender. Cool slightly and strain through fine mesh strainer, set aside.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more