Last of Summer Corn Bisque, Vegan
By American Vegetarian on October 08, 2013
Last of Summer Corn Bisque
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Carrot,½ inch Dice
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 6 Ears of Fresh Corn with the Corn Kernels Removed
- 6-8 Cups Corn Stock (Recipe Below)
Makes about 2 Quarts
- In a heavy bottom stock pot add olive oil, turn on medium. Add onion, garlic and salt, saute until the onions are translucent about 7-10 minutes.
- Add white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, pepper and fresh corn, stir until the onion mixture coats everything evenly.
- Pour in 6 cups of corn stock, more can be added later if needed.
- Simmer on medium low and stir often to prevent corn from burning. After about 25 to 35 minutes the carrots should be very tender, the soup is ready.
- Turn off heat.
- With an immersion or stick blender -blend soup in pot, careful it will be very hot. Be patient when blending you want the soup to be very smooth and creamy.
- If the soup seems too thick add the extra corn stock. Check for seasoning.
TIP- If you don’t have an immersion blender feel free to use a standard kitchen blender, just wait for the soup to cool before blending! Hot liquid in the blender will make the lid explode off. Trust me… I've done it, a lot..
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Chopped
- 2 Stalks of Carrot, Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Sliced
- 1 tsp. Whole Peppercorns
- 2 Whole Way Leaves
- 1 Bunch of Thyme
- 1 Bunch Fresh Parsley
- 8 Cups of Water
- Six Corncobs with the Corn Kernels Removed
- In a heavy bottom stock pot on medium add olive oil.
- Add onions, celery, carrots, salt and garlic, saute until the onions are translucent about 7-10 minutes.
- Add whole peppercorns, bay leaves, fresh thyme and parsley, stir with until combined.
- Pour in water and add corn cobs.
- Simmer on medium low for about 45 minutes until the carrots are very tender. Cool slightly and strain through fine mesh strainer, set aside.