Lentil Quinoa Burgers with a Buffalo Dressing
By aloveafare on February 11, 2014
I really like the way these burgers came out. It took some time to put this recipe together but that said it is now complete. They are full of healthy ingredients and do a good job of staying together which is a plus.
I was able to get 4-5 burgers out of this batch. I’m pretty sure if you double the ingredients you could have a bunch for lunch or dinner later in the week.
I made a quick and easy 3 ingredient dressing to go with these burgers and it’s spicy. It actually seemed to be a little spicier the next day. I don’t mind because I’m a super fan of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. The ingredient list is clean and short. Well I’m really into hot sauce in general. Don’t tell my in-laws or I might start getting lots of hot sauce gifts again for the next couple of years. Our secret OK?
- 1 (15-ounce) can lentils, drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 5 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
Ingredients for Buffalo Dressing
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions for Lentil Quinoa Burgers
- Place lentils in bowl and mash up a bit using a potato masher or fork. Add quinoa and kale. Sprinkle on salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano, making sure to put it all over the mixture or it will be concentrated in one area.
- Add flour and bread crumbs. Mix together and then form into equal size patties. If you have any trouble making them stick together, add a tablespoon or two of water. That should do it.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat and spray lightly with oil. Add patty and spray top. Flip after 3-4 minutes and cook 3-4 more minutes. Set aside and prepare Buffalo Sauce.
Directions for Buffalo Sauce
- Place Greek yogurt, hot sauce, and honey in a bowl. Mix together and serve.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Nate Berkus brings his celebrated style to LG’s premium line of kitchen appliances. See how our bloggers incorporated this style with with just a few simple tweaks. Enter "My Kitchen Needs Nate" contest for a chance to win an ultimate dream kitchen. Read more