Lila's Weekly Friday Top 5 List - Best Movie Lines Ever
By Anonymous on January 25, 2008
A new list every Friday, see if you agree with me. Today is: Best movie lines of all time. Could mean the most moving, the most quoted, the most hilarious, what are your top 5? This is my list:
1. “Get busy livin’, or get busy dying.” The Shawshank Redemption. This entire movie about hope, is a touching soulful story. This line marks the point in the movie where you’re not sure if Andy has lost his hope, or has gone mad, or has a scheme planned. No one could really predict just how beautifully he kicks prison-ass and makes the world right again.
2. “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” Dirty Dancing. Okay. My 80’s roots are showing. This coming of age story rocks. Especially at this point, at the end. Every girl has that fantasy at least to some degree, of proving her parents wrong, becoming the belle of the ball, with a fucking hot guy there who is completely in love with you. Then Daddy accepts him too, and apologizes. You look stunning in the process. OMG it all brings thoughts of my ultimate utopia.
3. ''You make me want to be a better man.'' 'As Good as It Gets. -- Jack Nicholson to Helen Hunt. Let’s face it, we all want to affect a man that way.
4. “Pretty please with cherry on top... clean the fucking car.” Pulp Fiction. Actually, there is so much witty dialogue in that film it’s almost impossible no matter who you are, to not to smile over at least one line from it.
5. “There’s no place like home.” The Wizard of Oz. I’m torn on this one. But it makes me think about life, and love, and our journey on this Earth so I’m adding it. Dorothy gets to visit a colorful exciting world, make true friends who listen to her, she lives LIFE, and yet she yearns for the black and white boring farm where she isn’t appreciated?? I would have stuck with Oz personally, and I’m right in the middle of trying to find my own Oz in this life. As my readers will see. I will get there.
What movie lines move you?