Listen to David Suzuki! (why I hate water bottles)
By inspire planning on October 02, 2010
Last night my husband was making his lunch and getting his things ready for work in the morning. I noticed he had a plastic water bottle, so like a good wife would, I started to rant (a little) about how bad plastic water bottles are. If you have tried this method before you might have found that ranting, complaining or otherwise bi*ching really is not an effective way of getting a point across. I’ll try a different approach this time and present him with research (I’m so tricky!). What is not okay about plastic bottles (our health) * BPA- It mimics the female hormone estrogen and may affect fertility and promote cancer, plus a new study has shown that it may lead to heart disease, diabetes and liver problems. Many baby bottles and sippy cups have BPA too! Every time we wash or heat these containers they leach more of the toxic chemical out of the plastic. What is not okay about plastic bottles (our environment) * Only 37% of soft drink bottles and 28% of water bottles are recycled. That other 63% and 72% go to landfills and litter. * Think of the manufacturing that goes into water bottles, then the shipping. That’s a lot of wasted emissions if you ask me. Also as it states right on the bottle, it’s actually just tap water that’s been filtered.
- Pretty sure I can do that at home myself! You can buy stainless steel water bottles practically everywhere now, take a look at wal-mart next time you’re there!
- Money saving much? Tap water is on average 500 times cheaper than bottles water.
- Watch your back! No one else will ,except David Suzuki, maybe. Did you know that manufacturers can put chemicals on the market without first proving they are safe.
- To really gross yourself out, read these articles.
- Guess I should pick up a few stainless steel water bottles for my One in a Million Challenge this week…. P.S. Love this little movie about bottled water!
You wanna check out more? Inspire Planning, shopaholic to ecoholic
More Like This
Recent Posts by inspire planning
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Sparkling ICE is a bold flavored sparkling water that truly delivers on taste and contains just the right amount of fizz. Read our bloggers' posts and get more details on how you can enter the Flavor Face Off plus find out more about the delicious flavors that Sparkling ICE has to offer. Read more
Most Popular on Health
Aquafresh® toothpaste helps protects tooth enamel from damage caused by sugar acids and also helps protect your teeth against cavities. What’s your favorite way to take care of your teeth on the go this spring? Comment on the posts for a chance to win a $100 VISA gift card.