By TW on June 27, 2012
So, Bad Luck Detective wants a list of some divisible by five number of things about us. I guess I better cooperate with her.
This despite the fact that:
1. I am not sure there are too many things people don't know about me.
2. I never do these things anymore.
Ok, let's see:
1. I once put the wrong eye color on my driver's license application accidentally. This caused a 10 minute discussion with the guy asking for clarification about my eye color.
2. I can calculate the amount of time I have worked online by the age of one of my children.
3. I remodel, restock, and change my favorite bookstore in Florida in my head to be something that's a cross between Charis books and Room of One's Own books, but better. There is a strange blend in my head between those two, two bookstores of childhood and my fantasy bookstore amenities.I don't want to WORK there though. That said: I loathe chain bookstores with a passion. I get overwhelmed in them, don't like how they smell, don't like the music, don't like how the people in them act and don't like the staff. I will often go in, get a pile of books, then abandon the books and leave.
4. I read constantly and average around a book a day (this surprises very few of you). I don't actually like to OWN books though. Seriously, I could pare down my books to a dictionary, a Bible, a good collection of fairy tales, and a guide to fixing everything around the house and survival skills. Oh, and my book on the correct scripts for how to say things. Sentimentally, I probably couldn't ditch my Bobbsey Twins collection. There are about 5 cookbooks I would miss if I ditched them.
5. I am annoyed that all newer books seem to have a gay or lesbian friend or couple as supporting characters. This despite the fact that I am a lesbian. Give me your heteronormative bodice ripper without the token gay friend. I really prefer it that way.
6. I love long car drives on my own and they help me think.
7. I once was pulled over for going over 100 mph. I talked the officer down to 99.
8. Until about 11 years ago, I was completely unaware of any behavior that would be classified as flirting.
9. It is unlikely that I will remember your name and face unless I have met you in person repeatedly. However, if I have ever talked to you in AIM/Google Chat/Twitter/Facebook, I will remember the oddest random facts about you. Really. There are people I have worked with over a decade ago that I have met in person and I won't remember what they did, any detail of their actual work, or their children's names, but I can tell you about their midnight snack, their truth in three truths and a lie, least favorite word, favorite candy.
10. Until about 9 years ago, people would constantly tell me I smelled good. Just random people (and Denise). I sort of miss it. Also, people touch my hair all the time. This has dropped off since moving to IL. I don't miss that.
11. I make annoying (to other people) noises when I am thinking.
12. I also flap my hands when I get overwhelmed.
13. I sleep on my back with my hands folded across my chest.I started doing this after reading a quiz in something like "Woman's World" when I was a teen "What does your sleeping position say about you?" I didn't like my result so changed my sleeping position. Rumor has it that I also will put my knees up and cross one leg over the other.
14. I like rearranging furniture and the smell of lemon oil.
15. I periodically want to be a photographer, but hate the fact that the photos I take never show what I see.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Nate Berkus brings his celebrated style to LG’s premium line of kitchen appliances. See how our bloggers incorporated this style with with just a few simple tweaks. Enter "My Kitchen Needs Nate" contest for a chance to win an ultimate dream kitchen. Read more
Most Popular on Blogging & Social Media
Recent Comments on Blogging & Social Media