Loving my FITBIT
FITBIT- It’s a new fitness fad! People love wearing this hued band around their wrist which enables them to keep track of their steps, calories, movements, sleep et al. Its a fun way to consciously keep track of your day to day activities and also easy way to be fit and healthy.
On December 18th,2013, I was introduced to FITBIT by my husband. FITBIT was one among the other gifts that I received on my birthday,from my husband! Yes! Crazy birthday gift, I know! :)Initially, I literally hated to wear this new band around my wrist. It reminded me of CIA/FBI using RFID tags on criminals to monitor them. But, as the days past by, I began to understand its usefulness and how it can facilitate me to stay fit. If you are a seasoned FITBIT user, you definitely love watching your FITBIT stats frequently throughout the day (At least I do! :) ), competing with your friends on highest number of steps, miles walked, calories burned, active minutes, and also love watching all the lights of your FITBIT glow and feel your band vibrate when you have reached your daily goal! These things are what motivates me to wear FITBIT everyday!
If you are new to FITBIT or still trying to figure out what this fad is all about. here are few things which FITBIT helps you track on daily basis:
- Steps: Wear this band around your wrist throughout the day and just walk, run, jog, hike, use elliptical, treadmill, etc - it will show the number of steps you have walked for that day. You will be amazed to see how many steps you walk on daily basis. If you feel that you are walking too little, you can start walking more and become more active.
- Miles: This is in conjunction with steps. This will show how many miles you have walked for a given day.
- Calories Burned: We all fitness freaks love seeing this, don’t we? :P :) No rocket-science here! It obviously shows how your steps and miles walked contribute to the number of calories burned for that day!
- Active minutes:Brisk walking will help you increase your steps, miles and calories burned, but, walking a little faster will keep bump up your active minutes.
- lbs to go: Another stats that will make you smile or frown for sure! :) When you login and register your fitbit initially, you will have to set your current weight and goal weight. Based on your daily activities and calories burned, this feature will show how many more “lbs to go” to reach your goal weight!
- How did you sleep? – This is another awesome feature that tracks your sleep and will show if you have a great sleep or a disturbed one, as well as the number of hours you slept well or tossed around. You obviously need to wear your FITBIT even while sleeping to track this! Turn your FITBIT to sleep mode by double tapping it and voila! you will track your sleep. Creepy ain’t it? :P
- Calories Eaten/ Water drank : FITBIT provides a dairy where you can also key in your food/water intake for the day, thus tracking the number of calories you have eaten and Oz of water you drank that day!
Impressed with what FITBIT can do? A fitness freak sans FITBIT? It’s time for you to own one!
If you already own one, continue raving over it! :) ;)