Make a Flag Banner
What you need:
- Red, White, and Blue grosgrain ribbon, 3/4-inch wide
- 13 silver or white small pom-poms
- A ruler or paint stirrer stick
- 13 popsicle sticks
- Binder clips/extra ribbon to make hanger
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
What to do:
1. Cut 3 strips each of the white and red ribbon into 25-inch lengths.
2. Cut 7 strips of the blue ribbon into 11-inch lengths, plus 1 strip into a 13-inch length.
3. Cut 7 strips of the white and red ribbon into 13-inch lengths.
4. Hot glue the blue and the 25-inch strips of red and white ribbon to the ruler.
5. Hot glue the 13-inch red and white ribbon to the blue ribbon with the blue on overlapping 1-inch of the red and white.
6. Hot glue the 13-inch blue ribbon to cover the ruler.
7. Trim the bottoms of the red and white ribbons to an straight line.
8. Hot glue the popsicle sticks vertically to the back of the red and white ribbon on the bottom to act as weights.
9. Hot glue pom-poms onto the blue ribbon into a circle shape.
10. Use binder clips to hang banner or attach additional ribbon to the back of the ruler to create a hanger.
Happy 4th of July!
Amber Tincher and Amy Leckrone
Co-founders Camp Mommawatchi