Make holiday decorating an investment you can enjoy all year long
By ButlerSwayne on December 13, 2012
Whether you are getting ready for a huge company gathering or just an intimate dinner with friends, you want you home to really sparkle this holiday season. But the last thing you want to do is spend a lot of money on decorating just for a few weeks. As real estate professionals, we help our clients focus on the aspects of home decorating that will provide returns immediately and for when they are ready to sell their house. Here are our top picks on how to get the most for your money:
1. Paint. You've heard it before, but we'll say it again. A fresh coat of paint is inexpensive and can wonders in a room. Even if you don't change colors, painting makes everything clean and shiny.
2. Lighting. Invest in new lamps and fixtures that are beautiful and functional. Most people have too little light in their homes. A good rule of thumb is 35 lumen per square foot for adequate lighting.
3. Area rug. Connect seating areas, define spaces and add spice with a spectacular area rug.
4. Entrance way. Paint your front door a bright red or deep gray. Add seasonal planters or other points of interest that take the eye right to the entrance of your home. It will immediately be more welcoming.
5. Spotlights. For a few dollars and a couple hours of your time, you can add instant elegance to your home with outdoor spotlights.
6. Bathroom. New facets and hardware, along with a guest basket of goodies will make guests feel special, and add value to your home.
Spend your dollars wisely and install home decor features that you will enjoy for longer than the holiday season!
More Like This
Recent Posts by ButlerSwayne
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lisa Stone