Make a reindeer handprint shirt
By mommaowls on December 24, 2013
Idea submitted by Denise of Buckhead, GA
You will need:
- One long-sleeve or short-sleeve white T-shirt
- Brown acrylic paint
- Paint brush or foam brush
- Puffy fabric paint (we used gold)
- 2 large googly eyes
- One red pom pom
- Ribbon of your choice (we used green)
- Safety pin
- Jingle bell
- Hot glue gun
What to do:
1. Paint your child’s hands with the brown paint. Have him/her stamp their hands on the top part of the shirt to make the “antlers”. Make an outline around the hands with the puffy paint.
2. Using the hot glue gun, glue on the eyes and nose (an adult’s job).
3. Thread the ribbon through the hole in the jingle bell. Then, tie a bow and attach it under the nose with a safety pin.
4. Once the paint is dry, it is ready to wear!
Amber Tincher and Amy Leckrone
Co-founders of Camp Mommawatchi
Purchase at-home camp curriculum at www.campmommawatchi.com
More Like This
Recent Posts by mommaowls
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford
Most Popular on DIY
Burpee Home Gardens Reviews & Giveaways
Bring life into any space -- may it be indoor or outdoor having plants around can definitely brighten up an area. Our bloggers had the wonderful opportunity to try Burpee Home Gardens' vegetable and herb plants. Read their posts and see why gardening can be a part of your lifestyle. Plus get a chance to win $100!