Make Your Valentine’s Day Subtle but Full of Love with these Recipes and Ideas
By cookinwithsylviadewy on February 13, 2014
Valentine is here and what can be more comforting than "Churros Con Chocolate". Sitting with your loved ones in front of a television may not sound very fascinating but if you sit in front of a television with this dish in your hands and with the company of your loved ones, it can turn into an awesome feeling. The crisp, sweet and slightly spiced with cinnamon dish is so addictive. If accompanied with a perfect chocolate dipping sauce, it sounds like a perfect menu for this valentine. We all have lavish dinner plans or dinner ideas for this particular day but what if you want to celebrate it in the most subtle way, you can sit on a couch with your loved one, engaging yourself in deep conversation and having such a pleasing dessert.
In today’s post, I will share a simple recipe of the traditional Spanish desserts called Churros. Plus few other dinner ideas and recipe names that you can try in this season of love.
Churros are the traditional Spanish desserts developed centuries ago by the Spanish Shepherds. It has a crunchy exterior and a soft interior. It is not very sweet in taste but is a perfect blend of sugar and flour which makes it really scrumptious when served with hot chocolate dipping sauce. Originally, Churros were the size of breadsticks and they were eaten plain or rolled with powdered sugar with cinnamon mixed in it. In Spain, churros are really famous as a breakfast, snack and even like desserts. Later it was a matter of time when it travelled to South America and become so popular. Kids simply love this recipe and as a matter of fact so do adults.
This delectable recipe is really simple to make but the only precision is the consistency of the mixture and temperature of the oil in which they need to be fried. For this Valentine, let us learn to make this wonderful recipe.
This recipe can serve up to 6-8 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Canola or vegetable oil for deep frying
- 3 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For Hot Chocolate Dipping Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups cooking chocolate or dark chocolate
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Take 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar and add ground cinnamon to it and set aside.
- Now heat the oil for deep frying at the temperature of 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a large saucepot placed on medium heat, add 1 cup water, butter, sugar and salt. Bring to boil, then add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon to incorporate and remove lumps. Do this for about 1 minute.
- Now in this hot batter, add eggs, one at a time, beating it properly so that eggs are mixed consistently. Spoon this mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip and carefully pipe into the heated oil. Don’t over crowd the pot. Fry them in small sections. Once they turn golden brown in color, drain them on paper towels so that the excess oil is absorbed.
- Once the excess oil has been removed, sprinkle cinnamon sugar over it.
- To make chocolate sauce; heat heavy cream in a heavy bottom pan. Once it is heated properly add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts properly and gets incorporated in the cream to make a smooth sauce.
- Serve warm with all love and affection.
Isn’t the recipe simple? You can even try other wonderful recipes this valentine. Plan a nice candlelight dinner with your special one and serve churros for dessert while enjoying a relaxed and silent night with him or her. Other than churros, the recipes you can try are:
- A Nice Pizza, simple and most delightful to taste. Click Here, for the recipe.
- A simple Pasta recipe can also solve the purpose. Click Here, for the recipe.
- Or if you are feeling too lazy to cook, a nice appetizing soup recipe can rescue you from this situation. Make a nice bowl full of scrumptious soup which is filling too. Click Here, for the recipe.
I hope these suggestions help you to make your day simple and filled with love and affection. Happy Valentine’s Day! XOXO
More Like This
Recent Posts by cookinwithsylviadewy
Most Popular on BlogHer
Don Lemon Joins Whoopi Goldberg in Using Victim-Blaming Tactics to Defend Bill Cosby Against Rape Accusations
By Deb Rox