Taking Care of You + thismom's Ice Pop Recipe
By thismom on June 28, 2011
Taking care of you. Taking care of me. I feel guilty for booking a 60 minute appointment with my RMT because Dear Husband wonders how to put our son down for his nap. Not his fault. I do all of the naps, because I like to. And DH works in the evenings. So I do all of the bed times. Every bath. Middle of the night wake ups. Every night. Not to mention the other stuff that I seem to do most of. Like the laundry. The cooking. The cleaning. And l work a demanding job outside of the home every day.
I. Have. No. Life.
So guilt be gone tomorrow. First on the list: My massage. Then shopping. And perhaps a sushi lunch? I am taking time tomorrow. Time for me. I never do anymore. A whole afternoon! I am so freaking excited!! I don't think I have been this excited since waiting for the arrival of our Dear Son 21 months ago.
Taking care of me so that I can take care of everything and everyone else!
Our family really enjoys frozen treats during the hot months. Here is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy two food groups in a very cool way:
Very Cool Ice Pops: A Strawberry Pineapple Sensation
- 2 cups (16 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon honey (omit for infants under 1yr)
- In a food processor or blender, combine the yogurt, pineapple, honey and food coloring if desired; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls into 10 plastic molds or 3-oz. paper cups; top with holders or insert wooden sticks. Freeze until firm, about 8 hours or overnight.
Yield: 10 servings.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Sparkling ICE is a bold flavored sparkling water that truly delivers on taste and contains just the right amount of fizz. Read our bloggers' posts and get more details on how you can enter the Flavor Face Off plus find out more about the delicious flavors that Sparkling ICE has to offer. Read more
Most Popular on Family
Recent Comments on Family
By Lisa Stone