Meet Challenges with Goals
By noelglizotte on November 04, 2012
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've accepted some challenges this month. Some people may think that I've bit off more than I can chew.
Well, my answer to that is, I'm meeting challenges by setting goals. Some time ago, I did an article on setting SMART Goals. To read that article, click here.
For this month's challenges, I'm using the following goals.
The challenge is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. So, I did a little math and that breaks down to 1667 words each day.
1. Write daily, 1667 words.
2. Attend "Write Ins" at local library for writing frenzy time. Uninterupted quiet time.
3. Track my daily writing on www.NaNoWriMo.org and put badge on my blog with word count. Announce my progress on my Facebook page.
This challenge is to post on my blog daily. To have a regular set of entries going up. Original content.
My husband and I have a business structure that allows us to dabble in a few areas. We set up a LLC legal structure that we use as the parent company. Part of our business is a store on Etsy. This store is primarily my responsibility. As such, I've decided to set three simple goals that will result in progress by the end of November.
1. Double my monthly views. (that's probably easy since it's only my 2nd month on Etsy.)
2. Add new products, one listing every day.
3. Promote my business every day in at least 2 ways.
Now, while these goals are fairly small, I'm hoping they have big results. It's the idea of eating an elephant. You know, just one bite at a time.
Check up on me. Ask me how I'm doing. Find out what I'm planning to do each day. Keep me honest!