Memorial Day Fruit Pizza
By J. Warren on May 26, 2014
This Memorial Day, if all goes as planned, my son and I will make a fruit pizza. During Easter, I made my very first fruit pizza. In fact, I had never even heard of such a thing before Pinterest showed me the way. I go to Pinterest for just about everything...from lesson plan ideas, crockpot recipes, toddler crafts to desserts and clothing ideas. My love for Pinterest is another story, but today my love for Memorial Day is more.It isn't a holiday that can be celebrated by jumping up and down, but more one to be quietly celebrated with moments of thought and spending time with loved ones.
It is a special time for me when I get to make something with my son. I love our time together whether we are playing, singing, baking, or reading a book. It all means so much to me. I cherish those moments because time goes by so quickly. Just as I try to cherish every moment I have because you never know what will happen in the future.
So if you make something yummy to eat this Memorial Day, do it with thought that many people have risked their lives for us and for our country. Remember that each second we have with our loved ones is a second that we should appreciate to the fullest. Life is short and should never be taken for granted. Spend that time making memories full of smiles and laughter....and eating amazing tasting things:
- sugar cookie mix (or you can make it from scratch if you want)
- strawberry cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- assortment of fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make cookie mix according to package. Then press it down (form whatever design you want: oval, circle, etc.) into a cookie sheet.
- Bake approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese with vanilla extract. Some people have added a cup of sugar but I do not. Spread mixture on cookie crust AFTER it has cooled.
- Then place your fruit in whatever design you wish. Enjoy and do not be surprised if you eat half the pizza without even realizing it! It really is THAT good!
At the end of every post, I give you a video. Today, I was going to play "America the Beautiful" by Ray Charles as the video for today; however, to honor my ancestors as well as fallen soldiers...I bring you America the Beautiful in the cherokee language. So play this but close your eyes and just listen. It makes my heart smile. It truly does.
More Like This
Recent Posts by J. Warren
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Sparkling ICE is a bold flavored sparkling water that truly delivers on taste and contains just the right amount of fizz. Read our bloggers' posts and get more details on how you can enter the Flavor Face Off plus find out more about the delicious flavors that Sparkling ICE has to offer. Read more
Most Popular on Music
Recent Comments on Music