Meet for 90 minutes in a small group led by an advanced professional in the field, to focus your vision and identify your next steps. Part coaching session, part peer networking session, all custom-tuned to the needs and questions you bring to the table.
Joined by no more than nine other attendees, come prepared for the session with a one-minute overview of your project/ concept/ book (i.e., an "elevator pitch") and one or two focused, specific questions or challenges related to it. The mentors will go around the group, so each attendee gets the chance to ask at least one question. As with any "master class," you can expect to learn as much from the other attendees, their experiences, and the mentor's answers to their questions, as you will learn from working on your own question.
You will choose from the following groups upon registration for the conference:
- Seeking fiction agent
- Seeking nonfiction agent
- Seeking help with a book proposal
- Memoir group
- Literary novel group
- Genre novel group (romance/mystery/thriller/scifi, etc.)
- Children’s (YA/middle grade/picture book)
- Humor/novelty (ex: LOLcats/Cake Wrecks, etc.)
- Shorter works/anthologies
- Expert platform nonfiction (How-tos, Tech books, Business)
- Working with book bloggers to promote your book