A Menu for Hope Starts Today, and You Could Win Free Admission to BlogHer '10!
Once again it's time for Menu for Hope, the annual blogging fundraiser sponsored by Chez Pim and supported by bloggers around the world. Not only is Menu for Hope a lot of fun, it raises money for a very good cause as well, with funds this year once again going to the United Nations World Food Program.
If you participate in Menu for Hope by bidding on items that have been donated by bloggers, you'll be helping raise money to support efforts to feed people around the world. And besides the pleasure of knowing you're a part of that wonderful effort, you might win a prize! You could even win free admission to BlogHer's summer conference, how cool would that be?
Again this year the founders of BlogHer are donating free admission to the annual BlogHer summer conference as a bid item for Menu for Hope.
(BlogHer '10 will be held in New York, August 6 - 7, 2010. The conference pass includes admission to all conference sessions and parties, as well as breakfasts and lunches that are part of the conference agenda. It does not include airfare, hotel accommodations, or other meals. The BlogHer conference is open to women or men.)
Bid Item Code UW 12
Prize donated by BlogHer
Covers admission to conference sessions,
parties, and conference meals.
Does not cover airfare, hotel, or other meals.
Where to get More information about Menu for Hope:
You can see the full list of bid items for Menu for Hope at Chez Pim, or starting on Monday, December 14, or visit one of these regional hosts to see the prizes by region:
US: West Coast: Gluten Free Girl and the Chef
US: East Coast: Tartelette
Europe and the UK: David Lebovitz
Canada: Seven Spoons
Asia Pacific, Australia, New Zealand: Tomato
Wine Blog Host: Vinography
To Donate and Enter the Menu for Hope Raffle:
1. Choose a bid item or bid items of your choice from our Menu for Hope main bid item list.
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which bid item you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item, and please use the bid item code. Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02 - 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
(Check back on Chez Pim on Monday, January 18 for the results of the raffle.)