I thought hard about how to title this post, but nothing came to mind except the truth.

On October 28th I took a home pregnancy test and it came back positive. I stayed in the bathroom for about 10 minutes just walking, thinking and thanking God for our blessing. Chris was still asleep and I kept trying to get him up to tell him to good news. At one point I just sat there on the bed and thought, "If he knew what I was about to tell him, he would get up."
So I did a few things around the house until he got up. When I heard him up my heart starting beating so fast, I just knew a heart attack was coming on.  So I let him sit down. He had no more sat down in his recliner until I told him the news.
That day was a special blessing to us. Excitement, joy and tears! I was going to have a butt!

Monday came and went. That night as I went to bed I knew something was wrong. I had started bleeding. (TMI!) It was a sleepless night. As soon as my doctors office opened I called and they told me to come down as soon as I could. After several test, it was determined that I was either real early or it was a miscarriage.

I called Chris to let him know what was going on and what the doctor had told me to do. So for the rest of the day I layed on the couch and prayed that everything would work out. I kept asking the Lord to please let everything be okay. So around 4:30pm I just could not take the emotions anymore and I asked the Lord for His will to be done. 30 minutes later the bleeding was worse (TMI...sorry). I called my doctor and she said it was probably a miscarriage. I still had blood work that needed to be done later that week and we would confirm it then.

Chris came home Tuesday evening and stayed for the rest of the week. He went with me to my doctors appointment on Thursday morning for bloodwork. I needed to compare my levels to make sure they were going down (miscarriage). I went into work, to try and get back on a normal schedule, but Chris had to come and get me. My sugar had dropped, I was throwing up (TMI) and shaking. So after two phone calls to my doctor we still had no idea what was going on. I started feeling better once I got food in me.

Chris and I both took the rest of the week off to just be together and make sure I was going to be okay.

I will probably be changing doctors. I didn't receive the type of care we thought I should have received. I know doctors are busy, but nobody called us back or called to check on me. I even had to call and get my bloodwork results. Them being busy is not a reason to let your patients be scared or worried. I understand this happens just about everyday. But a little care would go a long way.

So we are both back at work and just taking things one day at a time.

I could not have asked for a better husband during this time. He kept saying he was spoiling me, but I just brushed it off. Now that he is back to work...I can agree with him.

I came across this Bible verse a couple of days after I came back to work.

“Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
(1 Thessalonians 5:18, NIV)

Kim Ashley

More Like This

Recent Posts by kimashley


In order to comment on BlogHer.com, you'll need to be logged in. You'll be given the option to log in or create an account when you publish your comment. If you do not log in or create an account, your comment will not be displayed.