I recently realized that I don’t post enough chicken recipes. To be honest, chicken isn’t my favorite meat, but I know that it is a common favorite among the majority of people out there. I will try my best to post more chicken.
This recipe is in honor of my mother-in-law and today is her birthday! Happy Birthday, Ellen! I have been meaning to make this recipe for quite some time now, as she has been raving about it. She actually gave me the recipe, but forgetful ol’ me forgot where the heck I put it. Grrr. So I had to create an ad hoc version of her recipe from what I remember. I even planned it out, I ordered some gluten-free miso paste from my favorite store, Amazon. Btw, gluten-free-ers, you need to make sure you don’t buy just any miso paste. Did you know that some brands aren’t gluten-free?! Lame! So do your research. Some grocery stores carry this stuff, but always check the ingredients list before purchasing. If you can eat gluten, just forget I ever said anything !
This chicken was really really delicious. If I remember, I’m going to make some miso chicken wings once football is back on. I think that would be out of control good. I paired it with some Asian-style cucumber salad and topped it with sauteed spinach and mushrooms. I like to add a touch more of the miso dressing on top of everything to give a little more flavor. Yummy!
I think the miso dressing would also be perfect on many salads.
Ingredients: Serves 2-3
About 1 lb. chicken tenders
6-8 white mushrooms, sliced
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 tbsp olive oil
Seasoning for veggies: 1 tbsp sesame oil, splash of ponzu or soy sauce & mirin
1 large cucumber, spiraled or thinly sliced
1 clove pressed garlic
Small pinch of salt
Seasoning for cucumber salad: Splash of sesame oil, ponzu or soy sauce, mirin and rice vinegar
1/8 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup white miso paste
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp ponzu sauce (make sure it’s gluten-free)
1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce
Splash of mirin
2 cloves pressed garlic
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Prepare miso dressing by combining all ingredients listed into a bowl
- Transfer chicken to a pre-sprayed baking dish
- Top chicken with about 1/2 of the miso dressing
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, prepare cucumbers and toss with garlic and seasoning
- Saute mushrooms and spinach with olive oil, sesame oil and seasoning until veggies have cooked down
- Plate by creating a bed of the cucumber salad on the bottom, top with a couple chicken tenders and then top that with a bit of the veggie mixture
- Then I like to drizzle a little more of the miso dressing on top of everything
-Sylvia @ reelflavor.com