Bakin' With Bacon for Breakfast
By Julie Ross Godar on March 22, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
Mir might say bacon's jumped the shark and TW might claim that waffles are the new bacon. But let's face it: Bacon is the new bacon -- and the old bacon. Those amazing bloggers taking part in Charcutepalooza even made their own bacon in February.
But for breakfast purposes, simply frying up a slice or two is… well, deliciously passé. I'd much rather have something piping hot from the oven, its porky aroma mixed with the smell of freshly baked bready things. Something like this:
Image by OctopusHat via Flickr
Bloggers Bakin' With Bacon
- BlogHer member CherylDLee cooks up a recipe for savory bacon-cheese scones with homemade bacon she made for Charcutepalooza. Hardcore!
- I'd like a slice of this bacon-cider-cheese quick bread as toast -- or even a savory French toast.
- Nick at Macheesmo baked sweet-savory breakfast cookies with bacon, maple syrup, oats and dried cherries.
- BlogHer Member littlebabyfeet posted her recipe for easy cheddar and bacon biscuits.
- Emily at Joyful Abode used coconut flour in her grain-free bacon drop biscuits.
- Nicole at Pinch My Salt has a tantalizing-looking recipe for classic bacon quiche.
- I'd spread this bacon jam from Half Assed Kitchen on fresh-baked biscuits.
Do you have a favorite bakin' with bacon recipe! I need more -- tell me in the comments!
More Like This
Recent Posts by Julie Ross Godar
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more