Breakfast Burritos Have Magical Powers
By Julie Ross Godar on March 10, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
The breakfast burrito has magical powers. And I'm not the only one who thinks so. In her post "In Praise of the Breakfast Burrito," Kris at Cheap Healthy Good poses scenario after scenario -- from the morning rush to the morning after -- which can only be solved by the goodness of eggs wrapped in a warm flour tortilla.
A burrito has all the qualities I like in a breakfast: It's quick, savory, customizable and can be made healthy or less-than-healthy depending on your mood. I like them with leftover veggies and tofu scramble. I like them with avocado and cheese. I like them with chorizo once in a while, and I wouldn't kick a Tater Tot off my tortilla. But the best is just scrambled eggs, cilantro, and Papalote salsa. Then I do the burrito dance.
Other BlogHers Doing the Burrito Dance
- I must be on the same wavelength as Lydia of The Perfect Pantry, who posted a great basic breakfast burrito recipe just this week.
- BlogHer member JLGoesVegan throws some broccoli in her burrito and swaps the pintos for healthy azuki beans.
- Mele Cotte goes super-quick and super-healthy with some make-ahead burritos.
- Deborah of Taste and Tell whips up a manly morning meal from the Recipes Every Man Should Know cookbook by Susan Russo of Foodblogga
- BlogHer member RenaissanceTrophyWife tones down the carbs with an ingenious phyllo-wrapped burrito.
Are you a fan of the breakfast burrito and its magical powers?
Image: Marshall Astor via Flickr
More Like This
Recent Posts by Julie Ross Godar
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food