Breakfast Burritos Have Magical Powers
By Julie Ross Godar on March 10, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
The breakfast burrito has magical powers. And I'm not the only one who thinks so. In her post "In Praise of the Breakfast Burrito," Kris at Cheap Healthy Good poses scenario after scenario -- from the morning rush to the morning after -- which can only be solved by the goodness of eggs wrapped in a warm flour tortilla.
A burrito has all the qualities I like in a breakfast: It's quick, savory, customizable and can be made healthy or less-than-healthy depending on your mood. I like them with leftover veggies and tofu scramble. I like them with avocado and cheese. I like them with chorizo once in a while, and I wouldn't kick a Tater Tot off my tortilla. But the best is just scrambled eggs, cilantro, and Papalote salsa. Then I do the burrito dance.
Other BlogHers Doing the Burrito Dance
- I must be on the same wavelength as Lydia of The Perfect Pantry, who posted a great basic breakfast burrito recipe just this week.
- BlogHer member JLGoesVegan throws some broccoli in her burrito and swaps the pintos for healthy azuki beans.
- Mele Cotte goes super-quick and super-healthy with some make-ahead burritos.
- Deborah of Taste and Tell whips up a manly morning meal from the Recipes Every Man Should Know cookbook by Susan Russo of Foodblogga
- BlogHer member RenaissanceTrophyWife tones down the carbs with an ingenious phyllo-wrapped burrito.
Are you a fan of the breakfast burrito and its magical powers?
Image: Marshall Astor via Flickr
More Like This
Recent Posts by Julie Ross Godar
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Food
Green & Black's Organic Chocolate Reviews & Sweepstakes
We placed Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate to the test! Check out these delicious chocolate recipes and recreate them using exceptional, fairtrade ingredients. Plus get a chance to win $100 cash equivalent and a chocolate prize pack.