Gluten-Free in the Morning; A GF Breakfast Recipe Roundup
By Julie Ross Godar on March 12, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
Earlier this week I, made some nutty, fluffy gluten-free buckwheat pancakes and it got me inspired to find more GF breakfast ideas. I'm not a gluten-free eater, but I have so many friends who are that I've been thinking about working GF foods into my regular diet more often -- and these recipes all look mouth-watering .
Gluten-Free Sweet Breakfasts
- I'm not much of a sweet breakfast fan, but BlogHer member sstiavetti's heavenly gluten-free chocolate bun things have me drooling.
- BlogHer member jmneiderer made an apple-raisin breakfast cake and served it on a Peter Rabbit plate.
- At Gluten Free Easily, I found these almond popovers (I love almond in baked goods, don't you?)
- BlogHer member JeanettesHealthyLiving gluten, dairy and egg-free cinnamon scones that sound great with coffee.
- And Welcoming Kitchen has an allergen-free, gluten-free pear-pumpkin breakfast crisp.
Image: Stephanie Stiavetti
Gluten-Free Savory Breakfasts
- BlogHer member LisaHorel's gluten free latkes -- yes, please.
- There's a Greek quinoq breakfast scramble at Mom Cooks Gluten Free that looks right up my alley.
- At Gluten Free Diva I found a GF bagel recipe. (Mmmm, bagels.)
- And Diane of The Whole Gang comes through with a gluten-free, dairy-free crab hash eggs benedict.
I'm leaning toward starting with the quinoa scramble -- which ones look best to you? Do you have a favorite gluten-free breakfast recipe or tip?
More Like This
Recent Posts by Julie Ross Godar
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Food
Green & Black's Organic Chocolate Reviews & Sweepstakes
We placed Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate to the test! Check out these delicious chocolate recipes and recreate them using exceptional, fairtrade ingredients. Plus get a chance to win $100 cash equivalent and a chocolate prize pack.