Gluten-Free in the Morning; A GF Breakfast Recipe Roundup
By Julie Ross Godar on March 12, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
Earlier this week I, made some nutty, fluffy gluten-free buckwheat pancakes and it got me inspired to find more GF breakfast ideas. I'm not a gluten-free eater, but I have so many friends who are that I've been thinking about working GF foods into my regular diet more often -- and these recipes all look mouth-watering .
Gluten-Free Sweet Breakfasts
- I'm not much of a sweet breakfast fan, but BlogHer member sstiavetti's heavenly gluten-free chocolate bun things have me drooling.
- BlogHer member jmneiderer made an apple-raisin breakfast cake and served it on a Peter Rabbit plate.
- At Gluten Free Easily, I found these almond popovers (I love almond in baked goods, don't you?)
- BlogHer member JeanettesHealthyLiving gluten, dairy and egg-free cinnamon scones that sound great with coffee.
- And Welcoming Kitchen has an allergen-free, gluten-free pear-pumpkin breakfast crisp.
Image: Stephanie Stiavetti
Gluten-Free Savory Breakfasts
- BlogHer member LisaHorel's gluten free latkes -- yes, please.
- There's a Greek quinoq breakfast scramble at Mom Cooks Gluten Free that looks right up my alley.
- At Gluten Free Diva I found a GF bagel recipe. (Mmmm, bagels.)
- And Diane of The Whole Gang comes through with a gluten-free, dairy-free crab hash eggs benedict.
I'm leaning toward starting with the quinoa scramble -- which ones look best to you? Do you have a favorite gluten-free breakfast recipe or tip?
More Like This
Recent Posts by Julie Ross Godar
Most Popular on BlogHer
Nate Berkus brings his celebrated style to LG’s premium line of kitchen appliances. See how our bloggers incorporated this style with with just a few simple tweaks. Enter "My Kitchen Needs Nate" contest for a chance to win an ultimate dream kitchen. Read more