Great Vegan Breakfast Ideas
By Julie Ross Godar on March 28, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
I love a good tofu scramble. I'm not kidding -- I really do. I like the texture, and the veggies that are always scrambled into it. I'm a huge fan of nooch, aka nutritional yeast, and the savoriness it brings -- and especially that bright yellow color.
Image by Land_Camera via Flickr
But the great thing about vegan breakfast is that they can be anything. And beyond Nooch Yellow, vegan breakfasts are so colorful -- see Melissa's red Israeli breakfast, Fat Free Vegan's blue berry breakfast cake, Health Writer Eats' green breakfast shake and Happy Healthy Life's vegan purple pepper eater breakfast. A breakfast rainbow!
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- Namelymarly makes vegan apples and cashew "cheese" for breakfast.
- Bookmarking this 15-minute vegan breakfast sandwich from Healthy Happy Life for fast mornings.
- I love the cubes of tofu and avocado in Smarter Fitter's vegan breakfast tacos.
- I can practically smell Vegan Feast Kitchen's giant caramel cinnamon rolls from here.
- C'est La Vegan's sugar donut muffins sure are pretty.
- At Kitchen Parade, I found an aromatic recipe for broiled grapefruit topped with brown sugar, cinnamon and cumin.
What's your favorite vegan breakfast?
More Like This
Recent Posts by Julie Ross Godar
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
Green & Black's Organic Chocolate Reviews & Sweepstakes
We placed Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate to the test! Check out these delicious chocolate recipes and recreate them for the ones you love using exceptional, fairtrade ingredients. Plus get a chance to win $100 cash equivalent and a chocolate prize pack.