Breakfast Omelets a la Ken Jennings
By Julie Ross Godar on March 03, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
Some of you know of my deep and abiding love for all things Jeopardy! which will culminate in my appearance on the show, airing March 25. (This month! Eep!) When I did the Jeopardy! taping, the show was as it usually is -- mostly a draw for trivia nerds like me and (judging from the ads) the senior citizen set.
But with the arrival of Watson on the scene, Jeopardy! fever has been blazing across America with a white-hot fury not seen since the heady times in 2006 when Ken Jennings, the Stormin' Mormon, won 74 games in a row, signed his name on the blue screen differently each show, and captured the hearts of ... trivia nerds like me.
Since he lost to Watson, Ken's been on a media tear, culminating today in a Reddit Ask Me Anything Q&A in which he talks about everything from his dream TED Talk ("How to Make Love Like a Jeopardy! Champion") to a Jeopardy!-themed limerick on demand:
There once was a host named Trebek
Whose mustache was sexy as heck.
It would have been weird
If he'd grown a big beard,
Like Conan, or Riker on Trek.
Which was immediately and rightly claimed as the Pinnacle of the Internet. However, given my monthlong Quest for Breakfast, I liked the following Q&A even better (and I swear, I am not Borimi):
Borimi: May I ask what you would put in your ideal omelette? I like knowing one random, harmless thing about awesome people.
WatsonsBitch: Bacon, tomato, avocado, Monterey Jack. Wow, that sounds grossly middle-America-Denny's for an elite left-coast Seattle guy like me.
I don't think that's middle-America-Denny's. I think it's tasty! And I think BlogHers agree with me. Check out these inspirations for omelets for breakfast:
- Sarah at Sarah's Cucina Bella has discovered the healthy joys of the egg white omelet.
- Connie at Home Cooking Rocks whipped up a rolled bacon and cream cheese omelet inspired by the Surreal Gourmet.
- BlogHer Contributing Editor Kalyn of Kalyn's Kitchen made an avocado-y Southwestern omelet that's South Beach friendly.
- Sweetnicks revisits she learned from basic omelet technique Jamie Oliver.
- Claire at Chez Cayenne whipped up potato-avocado-tofu omelets.
- Orlando Murrin at Leite's Culinaria made elegant herb omelets with ricotta cheese.
What's your favorite omelet? Please leave your responses in the form of a limerick in the comments.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Julie Ross Godar
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food