What Is Your Favorite Leftover Breakfast?
By Julie Ross Godar on March 27, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
I have been known to sing "Pizza for Breakfast" to the tune of "April in Paris."
Pizza for breakfast
Under the cheese!
Pizza for breakfast
This is a feeling
That no one can ever
Since I prefer a savory meal like the salad-and-pita Israeli breakfast, it's probably no surprise that I'm down with pizza in the morning. These days, I'd probably more likely to heat it up and top it with an egg than to eat it cold, though. I'm a big subscriber to the theory that if you top anything with an egg, it's breakfast. You can also serve it with coffee or juice -- presto, breakfast!
Image by sleepyneko via Flickr
Fun With Leftovers for Breakfast
- Karen at Our Life in the Kitchen likes leftover cornbread topped with eggs and cheese.
- Genius: Cathy at Not Eating Out in New York takes a classic leftovers breakfast and throws her leftover succotash in as well to make chilaquiles con leftovers.
- Angelina at Stitch and Boots gives a recipe for polenta for dinner and breakfast the next day.
- Stephanie at A Year of Slow Cooking makes a slow cooker breakfast casserole with meat from dinner and frozen hash browns.
- Nick at Macheesmo uses leftover baked spuds to make stuffed breakfast potatoes
- Connie at Home Cooking Rocks transformed stale cake into toasted breakfast cake.
- Julie at A Mingling of Tastes used seafood from last night's maki rolls to make Asian scrambled eggs with shrimp.
What's your favorite leftover breakfast meal? Or is it not your cup of coffee?
More Like This
Recent Posts by Julie Ross Godar
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
FoodSaver® Reviews & Giveaways
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! Air is the enemy of freshness and FoodSaver® vacuum sealers remove and lock out air and moisture. It keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' posts and know more about FoodSaver® plus get a chance to win $100!
Recent Comments on Food