10 Reasons Why Bathing in the Kiddie Pool Is a Bad Idea
By synnovemarte on July 22, 2013
Featured Member Post
You know when you have a great idea and you are all like, "Why doesn't EVERYONE do this? I am a GENIUS..." and then you do it... and you realize exactly why everyone doesn't do this? Yeah... had one of those the other night. So... as an F.Y.I. (or for personal amusement) may I present my:
(and for all of you that are all like "Well, duh."... bite me.)
1. Bugs. As in Mosquito bites where the sun don't shine. No bueno when one is dealing with a Disney Princess Pull-Up.
2. Grass Clippings. Dried grass clippings. Everywhere. The kids are fine while in the pool... but then the little albino demon-weasels get OUT of the pool to careen around the yard and eventually bust it. Have you ever tried to scrape grass clippings out of a 4-year-old's armpits? No? Well... lucky you.
3. Neighbors. One of our neighbors is a Psychology Professor at a local college. He walked out on his deck that night, took one look at the sudsy, muddy mayhem, turned back around, and went inside. Freud THAT, prof... but please don't call DCS.
4. Hose water is roughly the same temperature as glacial melt water. I could just fill the pool with ice cubes and get about the same reaction from my children as I dump cups of frigid "torture liquid" over their heads.
5. My childrens' bums are so pale they actually glow.
They act as a sort of "beacon of shame" for any passers by who aren't used to our family antics and might be jonesing for a reason to overreact. Again... please don't call DCS.
6. Potty training. What does this have to do with bathing in a kiddy pool, you ask? Well... not IN the kiddy pool, per say, but when your daughter decides to bolt out of the pool so she can do her doody in the grass in front of God-n-everybody, then it has everything to do with bathing in the kiddy pool. Because when you are naked outside, apparently that means you are also free of even the most basic of social restraints... like dropping a dood in public... loudly... in the grass. In her defense, it looked incredibly satisfying.
7. Clean-up. You can't just pull the plug like in the tub... you have to drain the whole freakin' pool. Otherwise you will end up with what looks like crop circles in your carefully cultivated weed patch grass.
8. Your children will smell like baby shampoo... and lawn clippings. I'll just let their teachers try and figure out that one on their own. You know... keep 'em guessing.
9. As you try to cleanse them in said glacial melt, your children will scream and yell like they are being seriously injured... slowly. This will be loud enough to draw the attention of still more neighbors and curious passers by. Also, saying things likem "But it's just like camping," may give the wrong impression to your sweet littles and cause them to suddenly get the shakes anytime anyone even mentions the word "tent."
10. Did I mention the grass clippings? They get into everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. No crevice was safe. It was like we had dipped my babies in Elmers and rolled them in glitter except that would have been cute and this was not.
So yeah... lesson learned.
But we tried... and THAT'S the most important part, right? RIGHT?!?!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lisa Stone
Most Popular on Family
Sexy Hair Reviews & Giveaways
Did you know that Hollywood celebrities trust Sexy Hair to make them look their very best? Our bloggers were given the opportunity to try Sexy Hair products. Read their reviews and see how you can recreate the red carpet look. PLUS get a chance to win a $100 worth of Sexy Hair products.
Recent Comments on Family