Mother’s Day Special- The Amazing Soup Recipe Which Your Mother Will Adore
Mother’s day is around the corner and this is the day when we must show our mother what she means to us. Every mother’s day, I send lovely card to my mother which I make myself and write what I feel for her. Year after year, I have realized that my mother is the most important part of my life.
This mother’s day, I am going green (Not with jealousy, but with love… :)). I am cooking my mother favorite ‘Minty Peas Soup’. Spring is almost here, and we all love the flavor of mint. It’s so refreshing and zingy. And I personally like making soups and have a huge collection of soup recipes in the kitchen shelf. So, in my first blog here on this platform I will be sharing this recipe with you all.
Serving- 4 people
Cooking time-15 minutes
- 3 cups of fresh shelled peas (you can also use frozen but fresh are better)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 ½ tbsp. of butter (you can also use vegetable oil if you are health conscious)
- 3-4 fresh parsley leaves
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp. of sour cream
- 2 tbsp. of normal cream
- Mint leaves (for final garnishing)
- On the high heat, melt the butter in the large pan. Add onions and cook them for about 1-2 minutes. Make sure that you do not brown them, they should only be opaque.
- Add the vegetable stock into the pan and bring it to boil on the high heat.
- Now turn the heat to medium and put peas in the pan. Cook them for about 5 minutes. If you are using frozen peas than cook them for only 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and parsley and mint leaves into it. Blend this mixture with the hand blender.
- If the mixture is too thick, use water to get to your desired consistency.
- Now add the normal cream and sour cream into this. Mix it well with a spoon.
- Season it as per your taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve it hot while garnishing it with mint leaves.
Tip- if you are using frozen peas than bring them on the normal temperature before cooking them. Wash them properly and dry them with hand towel.