Mother's Day Apple Danishes
By All In A Day on May 26, 2014
During Mother's Day weekend, my sisters and I decided that as mothers we were going to spend "our" weekend having some "me" time. That means we were taking the time for ourselves. We so rarely get that as a mother.
Every day we choose to put our children ahead of everything else.Actually, I do not feel it is a choice. Once my son was born, there was no choice. The weekend was amazing. I missed my family greatly, but to be on the beach with a book and actually be able to read it or to just enjoy the sound of the waves or to lay my head down and close my eyes on the beach meant the world to me. When you are the mother of a three-year-old, those moments don't come too often. So I cherished it. And continue to do so:
If you know me well, you might be able to figure out which feet are mine. I will give you a hint…I am not tan..at least not right this second. So the trip was awesome although I cannot believe how much I missed everyone, especially my son, but I hope for it to become a yearly sister mother’s day getaway trip. It was so nice to be with my sisters. We ended up laughing and just being silly as if we were not in our 40s (shh…I am not in my 40s yet, but they keep lumping me into their age group!)
Now that I am back home this weekend, I didn't feel like making breakfast. I convinced my husband to get doughnuts and coffee (yep, mother of the year). However, I need to get back in the trenches and fix breakfasts next weekend. One breakfast that is totally to die for and easy as pie (because you use pie filling!) is the Apple Danish recipe I recently found. It is soo delicious and soo good that I cannot believe I never thought about it myself!
- apple fie filling
- cinnamon sugar (or just mix up cinnamon with sugar if you are like me and refuse to buy that container of it already mixed up)
- croissant rolls (2)
- melted butter
- confectionary sugar
- vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Separate dough into 8 triangles
- Spoon melted butter over the triangles
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top
- Roll the triangles up then put them in a swirl like a snake (see below)
- Smush a hole in the middle.
- Put a whopping tablespoon, if not two, of apple fie filling in that hole.
- Put in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- While they are baking mix together approximately 2 Tablespoons of milk with 1/4 cup of confec. sugar. Once the danishes are ready, take them out and put this glaze on top. Totally awesome!
(I changed up the original recipe a tad. I got the recipe from the blog below. Check it out because their pictures of the directions are really good!) The Country Cook - Apple Danish
As always..here is a song to play while you are waiting for those danishes to bake!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Humor
Recent Comments on Humor