Mushroom Goat Cheese Spinach Galette
I like to cook with mushrooms. They add a lovely texture when meat is not on the menu. When I’m pressed for time or just not up for making crust from scratch, it’s always nice to use a ready made pie crust.
Yes I know a homemade pie crust does not compare however I never said I was perfect. So let me start by making you a promise. I will share a pie crust recipe with you in 2014. Sound good?
I might be stretching the definition of a galette but I did look it up and it explains a galette as being a flat round cake of pastry or bread. So I say this fits.
This appetizer is made in just under 40 minutes and looks fabulous. After all we first eat with our eyes. It has to look good.
Happy New Year 2014! and keep cooking :)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package chopped white button mushrooms
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 pie crust
- 1 (4 ounce) package honey goat cheese broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a medium sized pan on medium-high heat.
- Pour olive oil in pan and add onions. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes.
- Put mushrooms in pan and heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Toss in spinach and cook another 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and cool 3 minutes.
- Roll out pie crust and place on cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Add goat cheese to mushroom mixture and pour all ingredients onto pie crust. Spread out evenly over crust. Roll up edges of pie crust and lightly spray top with oil.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Cut into slices and serve warm.
More Like This
Recent Posts by aloveafare
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food
By Kalyn Denny
By Lori Luna