My 1st Pinewood Derby Race!
By Daily_Messes on March 31, 2014
- Pay close attention to your specific pack/den's rules. Some of the tips you may find online will not apply to your race and you could be disqualified.
- Do file down the ridges under the heads of the nails. This helps the wheels spin better and the car run faster. If you don't have the tools to do it, there are some for sale online.
- Run your finger along the wheels. File down any seams or bumps. (Really fine grit sandpaper should work.)
- Take the time to sand the car until it is smooth.
- Get your car as close to the weight limit as possible. Add weight if needed.
- Write your child's name on the car somewhere.
- Check the weight of the car as you go. I used my food scale. Usually the den's official scale weigh-in is the one that counts, but at least you can have a general idea. Try to not go overweight as you are building it.
- Have fun!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Family
Recent Comments on Family