My Beautiful "REAL TREE" Is NOT Making Me Sick!
By BLR8577 on December 12, 2011
OK...So my "REAL TREE" is sitting pretty and FINALLY decorated. It is every bit as BEAUTIFUL as I imagined it to be when I saw it sitting under that tent the day before Thanksgiving. Although "some" people thought it was perhaps a bad idea for me to get it (due to my allergies...), I was placed under its magical spell and there was NO stopping me from getting that "REAL TREE" this year.
My "REAL TREE" sat there for a week with only half of the lights on it. You see, Robby thought that the new LED Christmas lights would be a great idea. He explained that EVERYTHING was going that way with the "Going Green Movement". OK...So, I wasn't really opposed to the idea of using LED lights on my "Beautiful Real Tree"...That is UNTIL I saw what they looked like! (ugh...). As Robby began to string those lights on my tree, I noticed that they just had this dull hue to them; they didn't "Sparkle" like the ones I had decorated my front door and mantles with. I didn't want to hurt his feelings or anything, but those lights were just NOT doing my "REAL TREE" justice. I attempted to broach the subject in the nicest possible way, but in the end it just didn't come out the way I intended. He took his LED lights off of the tree and told me I could buy the "Sparkly Lights" I wanted AND put them on the tree myself. Hmmm...OK! That was better than having my "Beautiful Real Tree" not shine in the manner I knew it should. I went down to the store and bought my sparkly lights (sorry, Going Green People...), however, I didn't realize how many it would take for my tree so I ran short a couple of strands. Promising to get some more asap, I just turned those lights on and gleamed as I saw my tree begin to sparkle and shine!
After my Beautiful "REAL TREE" had been sitting there with only sparkly lights for an entire week, Robby asked me if I was ever going to put the ornaments on it. I told him that I was, but had not had time to do so leisurely yet. Apparently, he was anxious for those ornaments to get on there (or thought I may never get around to it...), because after I got out of the shower one evening, I came into the room to see him decorating the tree. WOW! Now, that was something I hadn't seen for many years; generally, I decorate the tree by myself. I joined in with the decorating, making sure not to place any breakable ornaments on the low branches, due to having a baby in the house this year. After we were finished, I stood back and thought how BEAUTIFUL this "REAL TREE" indeed was.
It was only about a day later that the sneezing began. I told myself that it was only a result of the dropping temperatures outside and after all, didn't I always get the sniffles around this time of year? As it turned out, I had a check-up with my allergy specialist the next week. I was really feeling pretty good, what with having a "REAL TREE" sitting in my living room and all. I was also a little proud of myself for being such a compliant patient( for a change...) as I entered his office. I wondered if I should even disclose that I had actually chosen a "REAL TREE" for Christmas this year. Well, I sort of mentioned it but was quick to throw in that it wasn't really causing any problems for me and after all...it would only be in my house for a month. I must admit that he is very tolerant of me (and most of my ideas...), so handing me a Brown Bag Christmas gift, (inhalers...), he gave me a clean bill of health and sent me on my way.
The very next day the sneezing was joined by a runny nose and slightly scratchy throat. I was SURE this sort of thing was just going around this time of year. I grabbed the bottle of Benadryl and jar of Vick's Vapor Rub before hitting the bed that night. The next day a stuffy head joined in, however, I was still not about to blame my "BEAUTIFUL REAL TREE". As I looked at the "sparkly" lights, I decided there was NO WAY "IT" could be causing all of these symptoms (sniffle, sniffle, cough, cough...AH CHEW!!!)
More Like This
Recent Posts by BLR8577
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Family
Recent Comments on Family