Why I'm Going to Miss Homeschooling
By everydayMOM on August 19, 2011
Featured BlogHer Network Post
[Editor's Note: As the back-to-school hoopla continues to amp up, I thought this post by everydayMOM was a unique perspective on the issue. She is planning on sending her kids back to private school after two years of homeschooling. Even though she knows it is the right decision for her family, she's still struggling with the internal back-and-forth of pros and cons of one version of schooling over the other. I shared some of the things she said she's going to miss about homeschooling below. Have you experienced similar indecision when it comes to your kids' education? -Jenna]
- Our awesome network of friends.
- The great family bonding we've experienced.
- Seeing my older kids interact with their baby sister everyday.
- Eating many of our meals together as a family (since my husband works from home most days).
- Fun field trips with friends.
- Watching my kids grow and flourish in other areas because they have time to explore their interests.
- Seeing their self confidence grow.
- Having flexibility to go places and do things on days other kids are in school.
Photo Credit: jimmiehomeschoolmom.
Read more from My Bipolar Home-schooling Disorder at everydayMOM
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Family
Marshalls Reviews & Giveaway
Have you shopped for your children's Back to School outfits? Marshalls carries the latest trends that your stylish kids will love! Read our bloggers' reviews and see why they chose Marshalls plus get a chance to win a $100 Marshalls gift card.