My favorite recipe so far!
By CookingMarie on March 17, 2011
I know we all those smells that remind us of home. Those tastes that bring back a moment, a flavor that brings back a loved one. I have so many dishes that do this. But the one that has the most memories is chimichurri (cilli(a name I gave it as a kid, when I couldn't say cilantro) beef. How many times did we make this as kids? Oh you didn't, sorry my family is from San Antonio and we try to pretend like we are mexican except we don't speak spanish at all. hmmm.... Anyways I remember making big bunches of this for holidays, running around the grill as it cooked, grabbing a burrito full of it and running out the door while my mother screamed at me. Oh yeah, good memories people. It's probably why this is my favorite recipe so far! I can only hope that my boys will make this and remember all the great times we had together as well.
Chimichurri (cilli) Beef
- 1 2lb piece of beef flank steak
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3-5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Combine everything but flank steak in a food processor (you can just chop if you don't have a food processor but I love using fun kitchen tools) whirl it around until you have a paste
- Rub paste all over your beef
- Let it marinate 2-3 hours (I've never done this overnight so I don't know how that would work out)
- Heat up your grill to about medium-high heat
- Grill for 12 minutes on the first side (don't flip, it keeps the juice in or so my grammy says)
- Grill 9-12 minutes on the second side (I like mine pretty red so I lean more towards 9 minutes)
- Take off grill and cover with tin foil Rest 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas, corn salsa, pico de gallo, tomato salsa, sour cream, greek yogurt, grilled onion and peppers, cheese, spinach, cabbage, lettuce....OH the possibilities! My fav is grilled onions and peppers, a little greek yogurt, cheese, tomato salsa and cabbage. SOO GOOD!
Anyways I have to go check some poop, that's right poop people! Enzo swallowed a penny and I have to keep watching for it. OH SO GROSS! Also Cooper got a shot at the doctor today, and tends to get super cranky after those. Yeah its gonna be one of those days! I can't wait to have this comforting meal for dinner!
Enjoy your day everyone!
What's a meal that brings back great memories for you?
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Green
Recent Comments on Green