My First POAS

So on Friday I peed on my very first stick ever! Super exciting, I know. For some reason I had it in my head that I was supposed to do it first thing in the morning, like a pregnancy test. So I blearily stumbled to the bathroom first thing, and after a curse word-filled fight with the box and the test stick, I did it.


I put the damn stick in backwards. Note to self: next time, read instructions FIRST, then take test.

So I've been POAS (correctly) every day since then. Today is actually day 14 of my cycle, so now is when I start to get really nervous. There are so many variables. This is my first cycle since stopping my birth control pills, so I have no idea what the cycle length is going to be. Also, with my high FSH, I don't know if I will actually ovulate at all, which is nerve-wracking. So today's post-work POAS is going to be a little more nerve-wracking. And the longer I go without a smiley face, the more upset I will get.

I guess there's some part of me that is convinced that somehow, I will ovulate AND get pregnant on the very! First! Try! and I won't even have to mess with this whole thing.

It could happen. Right? Maybe? In Neverland?.......Bueller?

In other news, I lost about seven pounds during my first two weeks on the S.outh B.each diet and am fitting into clothes that I definitely did NOT fit into last summer! Since the very first strict two weeks I've been trying to stick to the more moderate program, but I keep slipping up in little ways during the day. It's frustrating to me because I KNOW that following this plan will help me become more fertile, especially if it takes some more weight off of me. Why can't I just recognize how important it is and just stick with it?

My A.mazon order and FORTY fertility sticks arrived, and along with it came a fertility yoga DVD. I had visions in my head about getting up before work every morning and doing yoga, but until we clean out our back bedroom and I can do the yoga without two "helpful" dogs in my face, I don't think it's going to happen.

Had my first experience with what it's like to have (extremely mild) morning sickness today. I tried some new prenatal vitamins that came with a DHA/EPA supplement. I took them with my fruit and yogurt smoothie and five minutes later was bolting for the work bathroom. I didn't vomit, but MAN did I feel rough. After a couple of short minutes it passed, though, for which I am grateful.

That's all for now. Here's hoping for a smiley face!


In order to comment on, you'll need to be logged in. You'll be given the option to log in or create an account when you publish your comment. If you do not log in or create an account, your comment will not be displayed.