My Top Tips for Staying Healthy During the BlogHer '11 Conference!
By ReneeJRoss on August 04, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
As I sit in my hotel room on the eve before the start of the BlogHer conference, I am smacking my lips in anticipation of all the delectable treats and drinks I will be indulging in while I am here. If you don’t know, in addition to the information packed conference sessions, good food is always served for lunch and there are COUNTLESS parties where we eat, drink and be merry while socializing with our blogging friends. But the good news is that if you are attending the conference you can still do things for yourself that will help keep you balanced.
* Make a plan - determine which meals you will indulge (sweet treats) and balance those with a really healthy meal. Pile salad on your plate - be easy on the dressing, choose fish or less heavy proteins. Today, I was able to enjoy salmon and mushrooms that were baked. And tonight, I’ll enjoy desserts and wine!
*Incorporate exercise -Tomorrow morning the Together Counts BlogHer '11 5K will be held. You can register here and add some easy exercise (don’t worry if you can’t run 3 miles, walkers are welcome) to your day!
- If a more casual walk with family and friends is more your speed, check out the Together Counts Family Walk on Sunday morning at 10 AM along the Embarcadero Park.
- Tomorrow morning you can also enjoy a peaceful start to your day with Yoga sponsored by Pfizer (I’ll be there, I took a class this morning with the instructor and I have to tell you it set the bar for the rest of my day) on the water-view terrace of the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina at 7am.
- Perhaps formal exercising is not your cup of tea. The conference is being held in a lovely location and walking along the marina looking out over the ocean is not only peaceful but great exercise. Wake up early to take in the sights or take a walk in the late afternoon.
- At the Marriott there are beautiful pools, take a few laps - swimming is great exercise and easy on the joints.
There you have it. My top tips for staying on active while at BlogHer. Incorporate all of my suggestions or just one or two. I know you will feel better about all the eating and perhaps drinking you will be doing at the conference. I know I do!
More Like This
Recent Posts by ReneeJRoss
Most Popular on BlogHer