I am a graduate student in my second and final year of my masters degree in College Student Personnel in Macomb Illinois. I was born and raised in Nevada so I'm a long way from home and family, but it's been a great experience. I have struggled with weight, body image, and eating issues since I was a freshmen in college and this summer I decided to change my life and learn to stop obsessing about eating and learn to love my myself, live life to the fullest and laugh as much as I could along the way. To document my journey I started my blog learningtoloveliveandlaugh.wordpress.com and I've really enjoyed being apart of the blogging community. Not only have I found it helpful to share my thoughts and experiences, but I have learned from other people's blogs about how to live a healthier and happier life.
Some random things about me:
- I'm a self proclaimed nerd...I love Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Twilight and am not ashamed to admit it
- I have learned to love cooking and baking and hope to continue to hone my skills in both
- I've taken up running and ran my first 5K and 10k this year...I plan to run a marathon in a few years
- I love reading but have a hard time choosing books because once I start it I have to finish it
- I love animals, I have a cat named Remus and grew up in a house with 7 dogs
- I enjoying anything that allows me to be outdoors