No Bake Cookies Recipe (Chocolate Chip Mint Meringues)
By mommaowls on December 31, 2012
This recipe is an old family favorite from my husband's side of the family. It took me several years to perfect these delicious mint goodies, but I'll give you my helpful hints so you can make them too!
You will need:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Couple of drops of green food coloring
- 6 oz. pkg. chocolate mint morsels (*If you don’t find mint chips, use regular or mini chocolate chips and put in 1/4 tsp. mint extract.)
- Beat 2 egg whites, 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar and a pinch of salt. Beat until stiff for a few minutes on high speed. (Give this time...make sure you beat until you get your batter really stiff. This was my first mistake in baking them. They weren't stiff so they just flattened like pancakes.)
- Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar. Beat in. Add couple drops of green food coloring and beat in. Fold in 6 oz. pkg. chocolate mint morsels.
- Spread aluminum foil on 2 cookie sheets. Drop batter by teaspoon full on cookie sheets.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees for 1/2 hour (you can be making the cookies during this time). Then shut oven off. Put cookies in the oven 8 hours or overnight. (My 2nd mistake was accidentally baking the cookies for 1/2 hour instead of turning off the oven first. I totally burned them!)
Amber Tincher & Amy Leckrone