No egg blackberry cake
By aloveafare on March 12, 2013
I’ve always thought that baking was not one of my strong points. This is probably due to my attempt at making bread when I was younger and it flopped terribly. My sister did a great job and received the label good baker. I did not. However I seem to be getting the hang of it lately.
My fear of failure seems to be weaker as I grow. I was also told once that baking needs to be followed precisely. I don’t think so.This probably made me fearful about baking. But not anymore.
Take this blackberry cake for example. It has all the right components for a dessert or breakfast. You could easily bring this to a brunch and someone will probably ask you for the recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 6 ounce container blackberries, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
- To blender add peeled and chopped apple, bananas, honey, milk, vanilla, and lemon juice. Blend until it is liquid
- Mix together liquid with flour mixture
- Spray pie pan with baking spray
- Add cake batter to pan
- Place blackberries on cake batter. They can fall into the batter.
- Sprinkle on sweetened coconut
- Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Recipe inspired by Espresso and Cream