A No-Fail Travel Outfit + What To Pack In Your Carry-On
By stylewithinreach on May 14, 2013
BlogHer Original Post
Summer travel season is officially upon us! With that comes a lot of packing, planning and time in the air and on the road. After your bags are all packed, the last thing to do is pick out a travel outfit. Skip the leggings or sweatpants this year and instead opt for a pulled-together look that is equal parts stylish and comfortable!
1. Hat & Shades: Ideal for covering up messy hair when you hop off the plane and disguising tired eyes from early wake-up calls -- this combo is essential for any long-distance flight.
2. Watch: Don't forget to wear a wristwatch when you fly between time zones!
3. Denim Jacket: A denim jacket is the perfect weight for a flight -- it adds warmth, but it still looks seasonal and adds structure to a loose maxi dress.
4. Big Tote Bag: Look for a bag that will comfortably hang over your shoulder and work as a carry on. I like to fit a small clutch (with my wallet & purse essentials), my laptop in a travel case, a pashmina and several books or magazines.
5. Jersey Maxi Dress: Wear a cotton/jersey blend maxi dress for ultimate comfort (read: PJ like quality) that isn't too tight or form-fitting.
6. Flip Flops: Ideal for slipping on and off at security!
Before you hit the airport, give your tote bag a re-vamp to insure you have all your travel essentials at your fingertips. There is nothing worse then forgetting something on a long flight!
1. Pashmina or Scarf: I never get on a plane without a wrap to keep me warm. Look for something light so it doesn't take up too much space in your bag.
2. Oil-Absorbing Sheets: For a quick refresh before you hop off the plane and can actually wash your face.
3. Hand Cream & 4.Hydrating Spray: Flying can really dry out your skin, so be sure to moisturize frequently + give your skin a spritz of hydrating water.
5. Hair Tie: Pull your hair back when you get in the car or flight for a long trip to keep it from getting too messy.
6. Lip Balm: Dry, cracked lips can occur on long flights, so be sure to keep your lips moisturized, too!
7. Listerine Strips: Until you have a chance to brush your teeth -- these do the trick!
8. Notebook: You never know when you'll have a great idea to jot down!
9. Felt Tip Pen: Note -- opt for a felt-tip pen or marker versus a roller ball or ink pen, which can explode with the changing air pressure on a flight.
10. Granola/Health Bar: You never know how long you could be without food on a long flight or trip, so keep a stash of healthy snacks in your bag.
11. Reading Material: This is a no-brainer -- but easy to forget!
12. Cozy Socks: Swap your sandals or flip flops for cozy socks for added comfort (and warmth) on your trip.
13. External Battery: There is nothing worse than a dead phone or iPad when you're on the go.
14. Sunglasses: To cover up tired eyes post-trip.
15. Headphones: Skip the airline option and bring your own earbuds on the plane.
What are your go-to travel essentials??
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more