No news, just packing + The weekly round-up
By JL Fields on November 25, 2012
I am going to have to skip the weekly vegan news post today because this is our final 24 hours in New York and we have much to accomplish before the movers arrive early tomorrow morning. They will take off with our belongings mid-morning and, hopefully, we will be reunited with those belongings in six to nine days. We’ll pack up the car – for a four-day road trip, plus several days in the new place before the movers arrive – with the following:
- Two cats in carriers and their supplies (including a collapsible, extra-large dog crate for them to sleep in at the hotel, should we get concerned about them hiding in nooks and crannies).
- A kitchen box: pressure cooker, cutting board, small knife, mixing bowl and spoon, tongs, disposable roasting pans, corkscrew, french press, plastic plate/bowl/cups + utensils for two.
- Air mattress and bedding.
- Paper towels and multipurpose cleaner.
- My office in a backpack; Dave’s office in a backpack.
- A suitcase for each of us, filled with enough clothes for a week+.
- A lockbox with all of our important documents and small valuables.
- A cooler for breakfast, lunch and snacks in the car.
- Bottled water.
We have our driving route on Google maps and have pins for vegan/vegetarian restaurants, Whole Foods locations, our pet-friendly hotels, veterinary clinics (just in case!), and Subaru dealers (just in case!).
While I finish up around here I’ll round up this week’s blog posts, below, and leave you with a picture of me in my new hometown…
…Colorado Springs, here I come!
I hope to be back Tuesday with a blog post from the road! Sign-up for my email list so you never miss a post!
This week on the blogs
JL goes Vegan
Stop Chasing Skinny
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today!
More Like This
Recent Posts by JL Fields
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more