No news, just packing + The weekly round-up
By JL Fields on November 25, 2012
I am going to have to skip the weekly vegan news post today because this is our final 24 hours in New York and we have much to accomplish before the movers arrive early tomorrow morning. They will take off with our belongings mid-morning and, hopefully, we will be reunited with those belongings in six to nine days. We’ll pack up the car – for a four-day road trip, plus several days in the new place before the movers arrive – with the following:
- Two cats in carriers and their supplies (including a collapsible, extra-large dog crate for them to sleep in at the hotel, should we get concerned about them hiding in nooks and crannies).
- A kitchen box: pressure cooker, cutting board, small knife, mixing bowl and spoon, tongs, disposable roasting pans, corkscrew, french press, plastic plate/bowl/cups + utensils for two.
- Air mattress and bedding.
- Paper towels and multipurpose cleaner.
- My office in a backpack; Dave’s office in a backpack.
- A suitcase for each of us, filled with enough clothes for a week+.
- A lockbox with all of our important documents and small valuables.
- A cooler for breakfast, lunch and snacks in the car.
- Bottled water.
We have our driving route on Google maps and have pins for vegan/vegetarian restaurants, Whole Foods locations, our pet-friendly hotels, veterinary clinics (just in case!), and Subaru dealers (just in case!).
While I finish up around here I’ll round up this week’s blog posts, below, and leave you with a picture of me in my new hometown…
…Colorado Springs, here I come!
I hope to be back Tuesday with a blog post from the road! Sign-up for my email list so you never miss a post!
This week on the blogs
JL goes Vegan
Stop Chasing Skinny
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today!
More Like This
Recent Posts by JL Fields
Most Popular on BlogHer
Michelin wants to remind drivers that whether or not your first (or current!) car is in the best condition, your tires should be. The MICHELIN Premier LTX provides exceptional levels of safety even as tires wear down, making them safe when new and safe when worn*. Even when worn, the MICHELIN Premier LTX still stops shorter on wet roads than leading competitors’ new tires. Read our bloggers' posts as they talk about their #FirstCarMoments plus get a chance to win a set of Michelin tires! Read more
Most Popular on Pets
Recent Comments on Pets