'No Patience Required" Burlap Wreath
By MySimpleMESSterpiece on May 31, 2012
I've had my eye on the fabulous burlap wreaths everyone is making, but I have to admit I've been putting off doing one for myself because I wasn't sure if I had the patience to take it on.
I knew my favorite version, like the one below made by Ginger over at Ginger Snap Crafts, was not an option for me. I just don't have patience for that kind of tedious work. However, if you do ... you should check out the amazing tutorial Ginger did on how to make this gorgeous burlap wreath.
|Credit: Ginger Snap Crafts|
I found other versions of the wreath, such as the one below made by Maury at Life on Mars, that seemed a little more my speed.
|Credit: Life on Mars|
Of course, I had to try something a little different. Primarily because I wanted it to be simple and inexpensive. So, this is what I did ... I picked the following supplies, which cost me around $10 total:
- 12" Wire Wreath Frame
- 2 Yards of Burlap
Cut the burlap into several strips about 5 inches wide.
Take one of the burlap strips and pulled it through the center of the wire frame making a loop.
Tie the loop off with a long piece of twine.
Using the twine used to tie off loop, go around the 2 center wires of the frame and tie a knot. This will secure the burlap in place on the frame.
You can either use individual pieces of twine to do the tying in Step 3 and 4, or use a really long piece of twine. I started our with smaller pieces of twine, but eventually used one long piece and it worked well for me. I'm all about simplifying whenever possible.
Start back at Step 2 and continue each step through Step 4 until the entire frame is filled with enough burlap to fill in the frame completely or to your liking. For example, I left a little space to add a small bow.
Next time I do one of these I plan to spray paint the wreath frame antique white. The green frame doesn't really show from the front, but it is a little visible from the side.
I know this wreath isn't nearly as cool as those done the "hard" way, but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Best of all, no tedious work was involved! This little project only took about 30 minutes to finish :)