No-Sew DIY Superhero Costume
By sugartotmom on October 25, 2013
Featured Member Post
It's almost Halloween and although the stores are running low on kids halloween costumes, don't worry, you're in luck. This no-sew DIY superhero costume is the easiest thing in the world to make, I promise you that much! I love DIY projects but I'll have to be honest with you, I am not that comfortable with a sewing machine. I'd call myself a novice at the very least. For this superhero costume, a hot glue gun is all you need to be a hit this Halloween.
- Blue Felt Sheet (1)
- Yellow Felt Sheet (1)
- Black Felt Sheet (1)
- 25"x15" Red Fabric
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
1. To make the superhero cape, fold over the top of the red fabric in a triangle on each side and secure with a hot glue gun. If you don't have a hot glue gun, fabric glue or Tacky glue works just as good.
2. To make your superhero logo, use a piece of chalk to outline a circle on the black felt, outline a lightning bolt on the yellow felt and outline your letter of choice on the blue felt. I used chalk because it makes it very easy to erase and start over if you mess up. Here is a lightning bolt template and letter template from Marthastewart.com
3. Cut out the circle, lightning bolt and letter and use a hot glue gun to bond them together. Once bonded, glue to the red cape. Already coming together, right?
4. Cut two 10" strips of red fabric and use the hot glue gun to attach to the top left and top right of the cape.
5. Use the left over black felt to create a simple mask. Poke holes on each end of the mask and secure with a string.
6. And now your child's superhero halloween costume is all ready to go! Ta-Da! or more like...BAM!! POW!! ZAM!!!