Boss Lady Wants to Tell Your Story in Their New Book
When last we visited with Lauren Bacon and Emira Mears of Boss Lady they were beginning to work on a book about women entrepreneurs-- a subject they say has not been well represented in the business book category.
We are seeking women business owners to interview for the book. Excerpts from the interviews will be peppered throughout the book to provide smart, creative answers to many of the questions that new entrepreneurs have when they're starting out -- and to provide examples of businesses that are successful both financially and in terms of supporting their founders' dreams, goals, and values.
Who We're Looking For:
Your business must:
* Be 100% women-owned. Trans women, this includes you! (Male employees are fine.)
* Be successful (by your own definition -- financial success is only one measure of success);
* Have been established for 2-10 years;
* Be located in the U.S.A. or Canada; AND
* Have fewer than 20 employees.
We are particularly interested in representing creative, progressive, and/or alternative business models (e.g. employee-owned, eco-products, nontraditional industries for women, etc.).
What we AREN'T looking for:
* Traditional business models (rapid expansion, franchising, pyramid schemes, etc.);
* CEOs, VPs, and/or managers of large corporations.
To share your story contact the boss lady at
Elana also blogs at FunnyBusiness, a blog about business culture.