BlogHer '07 "Know Before You Go" - All About Childcare
By KristySF on April 20, 2007
BlogHer Original Post
For any of our BlogHers who may be wondering what to do with your children during the BlogHer Conference, we are very pleased to be offering affordable, on-site childcare for both Friday and Saturday of the event. Here's the scoop:
- You can sign up for either Friday, Saturday, or both days.
- Each day will cover 10.5 hours of care, from 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. Of course, you can pick up your kids earlier if you'd like, but this option allows you to attend part of each evening's reception.
- We have not finalized the schedule, but we definitely wanted to take advantage of the child-friendly attractions on site at the Navy Pier. Children over the age of 4 will be spending part of each day at one of these attractions.
Here's how it works:
- Click on the Childcare Registration link here and fill out the required information.
- A member of Corporate Kids Events staff will then contact you for payment. You will not be asked to pay anything online.
Cost of Childcare
Right now, the cost for each day of care will require a $50 deposit.
We are very hopeful that additional sponsorships will cover the remaining costs, and that this $50/day will be all you will ever have to pay. However, even if we don't get further sponsorship, BlogHer itself will subsidize the childcare, so that we can guarantee that your costs will NOT rise above $100 per child per day.
What this means is -- you can make your reservation now, and you will be notified in early June if any further payment is required. At that time, you will have an opportunity to accept or decline. (If you choose to decline, you will be able to cancel your reservations.) You will NOT be charged at any time without your express agreement.
One final note at this time: pre-registration for childcare is necessary. Because CKE must ensure that they have adequate resources in place, we will not be able to accept last-minute, on-site registration.
More Like This
Recent Posts by KristySF
Most Popular on BlogHer
UPDATE: Human Trafficking Hits Close to Home For One Blogger: 14-Year-Old Jewel Fitzgerald Has Been Found
Mary Kay® is the Official Beauty Sponsor of the 50th Annual Academy of Country Music® Awards, which air on Sunday, April 19, 2015, at 8/7c on CBS. To celebrate, celebrity makeup artist, Moani Lee created three stunning country music-inspired looks that our bloggers had a wonderful time recreating. Read our bloggers' posts and get a chance to win a Mary Kay gift pack! Read more
Recent Comments on '07 Conference news
By Stacey Smith
By Stacey Smith