On blogging, hate speech, Election '08 and life: What are your questions for Elizabeth Edwards?
If you could ask Blogger Elizabeth Edwards anything, what would it be?
Because you can. In ten days, Edwards takes the stage at BlogHer '07 in the final keynote discussion of this year's conference. She and I will talk for a few minutes and then we'll open up the microphones for a room-wide conversation. For those of us who cannot be there in person, I'd love to ask your question and credit you and your blog if the conversation goes in your direction. All you need to do is list your question below.
In a year when social media is dominating both the run-up to the 2008 American Presidential Election and world news, Elizabeth Edwards stands out in the pack of political newsmakers as the one who doesnâ€™t just â€œgetâ€ the Internet â€“ she uses it. She blogs for husband John Edwards' 2008 presidential campaign, and comments regularly.
Whether or not you like Mrs. Edwardsâ€™ politics â€“ and let me re-confirm immediately that BlogHer is a non-partisan organization â€“ she has embraced the Web, using it to make an enormous amount of news in the past six months, some of it quite personal, some of it strategic and political. Hereâ€™s a sampling, including some of her own posts:
- March 3 ~ Denounces hate speech by Ann Coulter on the John Edwards â€™08 blog, urges people not to â€œto sit silent in acceptanceâ€
- March 22 ~ Announces that her breast cancer has returned
- April 4 ~ Continues campaigning for her husband despite cancer, to positive and negative reviews
- June 24 ~ Splits with her husbandâ€™s view on gay marriage
- June 25 ~ Asks Ann Coulter on live television to stop â€œthe personal attacksâ€ and later blogs it
- July 17 ~ Says Hillary Clinton is not as vocal a women's advocate as her husband
- July 19 ~ Says John Edwards' health plan would cover reproductive health, including abortions and birth control
So you tell me: What should we ask? Or not? Take it away -- comments are open below.