Food Bloggers Meet at Blogher
By Kalyn Denny on July 31, 2006
BlogHer Original Post
Food bloggers have a pretty active community, with lots and lots of events, both in the real world and online. When I met more than 20 food bloggers at the Blogher conference, it was obvious to me how people are united by their passions.
Not that I didn't expect everyone to be nice, but truly I was overwhelmed by what a sense of comraderie there was among the food bloggers. We had some pretty famous folks in the group, but you wouldn't have known it when we introduced ourselves. Everyone seemed more focused on our connectedness through the love of food than anything else. For me, meeting some of these people was the highlight of the conference.
In no particular order, other than the order they signed my notebook, here are the food bloggers who attended the "birds of a feather" meet-up on Saturday morning:
- Fatemah from Gastronomie, who blogs about restaurants in San Francisco.
- Shuna from Eggbeater, a real chef, also in the San Francisco area
- Pim from Chez Pim, world traveler and great food writer, also in San Francisco.
- Kat from Kungfoodie, also from San Francisco, who has a blog with impressive videos.
- Nicole from Bakingsheet and also a contributor of fabulous food pieces to Slashfood, from L.A.
- Christine from Nothing-New to Eat? who has some great looking recipes on her site.
- Erin from Erin's Kitchen, who blogs about eating local and explores all things food from L.A.
- The charming blogging icon Meg, who writes Megnut from New York City.
- Known to me only as TW, who writes a fun blog called Retro Food from Florida.
- Kimberly from Seattle, who writes a blog called Music and Cats in which she talks about food.
- Melissa who writes a blog called Domesticana, about food and other things domestic.
- Kendall from Vigilante Web who doesn't blog about food but likes to cook.
- Chockylit from Cupcake Bakeshop, who creates yummy looking baked goods.
- Helen Jane from HelenJane, who loves to cook and live in the California wine country.
- Anne Marie who writes a fun blog called This Mama Cooks from Frederick, Colorado.
- My Blogher Friend Suebob, who writes Snackish from Southern California.
- The amazing and generous Elise, who writes Simply Recipes from Sacramento.
- James who writes AboyneJames and lives and cooks in the U.K.
- Lauren who blogs about life in general at The Adnostic, but is interested in cooking.
- Eat Local icon Jen who blogs at Life Begins at 30 and Bay Area Bites in San Francisco.
- Stacie at Schmoopy has a new food blog coming soon!
I had such fun visiting all their blogs to get the links for this post. Be sure to check them out for yourself. And other food bloggers reading this, we want YOU to be there next year!
Contributing editor Kalyn Denny blogs at Kalyn's Kitchen in Salt Lake City when she's not having fun meeting other food bloggers at the Blogher conference.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Kalyn Denny
Most Popular on BlogHer
In case you haven't heard a Oklahoma teen boy bragged about raping someone and no one is doing anything about it
Most Popular on BlogHer Conferences
Recent Comments on BlogHer Conferences