Nothing Sweet For a Week
By sarahfitab on November 14, 2012
I am doing a challenge a week and this week in No sweets! This is probably one of the hardest challenges for me, even though yes, it is only a week! I have been half a** trying to not eat sweets for a week for a long time now. But some delicious treat always comes into my line of vision, and I figure I better not pass it up! Unfortunately, even with a relatively healthy diet and active lifestyle, white sugar and hydrogenated oils are not good for our bodies. And while I do feel it is good to treat your taste buds to delicious foods, it is also good to treat your body to a clean diet so that it can work properly and run smoothly.
Below are 5 healthy snacks to try instead of going for the sweets:
1. Easy Trailmix: a handful of nuts, a handful of raisins, and a handful of pretzels. You got yourself a healthy, sweet & salty snack!
2. A slice of whole grain toast with peanut butter and banana slices.
3. Fruit and Cheese Kabobs: grapes, pineapples, strawberries, and a sharp cheddar cheese. I know it is not the same as strawberry cheesecake, but it is a pretty tasty little snack!
4. Brie and Jam: spread a little bit of brie and spicy jam on a whole grain cracker.
5. Yogurt with Banana and Granola: OK this is a fave! Mash up a banana in a bowl, add some vanilla yogurt and a handful of granola (my favorite is from the Granola Factory)... and you got banana cream pie! Seriously!
A little bit about the Granola Factory: With their granola in Wegmans, Fresh Market, and other health food stores from Massachusetts down to Virginia, a couple from right here in Bethlehem got their start at the Bethlehem Inn in 1988. They started as a Bed and Breakfast and served their homemade granola and baked goods to guests. They began to expand and sell to retail stores in eastern PA, and in 2006 opened the Granola Factory Bakery across the street from their B&B.
More Like This
Recent Posts by sarahfitab
Most Popular on BlogHer
Lean Cuisine believes that women should be valued for their accomplishments as opposed to their weight/appearance. Lean Cuisine's new brand campaign Feed Your PhenomenalTM reflects its new brand purpose: to feed the greatness in every woman. Check out our bloggers' posts and see how they measure their true worth plus learn how you could win a $100. Read more
Most Popular on Diet & Fitness
Recent Comments on Diet & Fitness
By Trinity B