By Julie Ross Godar on November 06, 2010
BlogHer Original Post
Today I forgot about pie. I had other things to do. I had to study some stuff. (More about that later.) I had some errands to run and some chores to do.
And then I was going to write about pie but something was wrong with my computer.
His name is Nougat.
By the time I realized I was out of eggs for the pecan-cranberry pie I was planning to make and write about today, there was no time for a market dash. So I rooted around in the pantry and the fridge for inspiration.
I'd never thought about pieifying the delicious chocolate-hazelnut spread -- but fortunately for me, lots of BlogHers have. I decided to make the pie from Flavors of Abruzzo, because it's dead easy, and that's the way I feel about pie today.
How to Make Nutella Pie
Cream an 8-ounce block of softened cream cheese or mascarpone (I used mascarpone, because I had it handy) with one cup of Nutella. Whip the cream, then fold it into the cheesy chocolate. Smooth it into a pie crust and throw it in the fridge for an hour or so (I had a prebaked pie crust, because I had it handy, but graham cracker crust would be nice, too.) You're done. (I added some toasted hazelnuts on top, because I had them handy.)
More Nutella Pies
- What We're Eating brings it back to Thanksgiving with Nutella-pecan pie
- The Purple Foodie made Nutella pop-tarts!
- Plain Chicken goes graham cracker with a Nutella toffee pie (toffee!)
- Ms. Adventures in Italy is one half of the amazing World Nutella Day celebration every February -- check out all sorts of desserts in her halves of Nutella Roundup 2009 and 2010
- And Bleeding Espresso is the other half: Go Nutella-crazy with her 2009 and 2010 roundups.
Have you seen all the pies I've blogged so far this month? I'm talking about pie every day in November at the Month of Pies archive.