Online Book Club
I’m not sure if I’ve written about this before or not, but I have an online book club. It’s not like a super hard nosed book club where we read like a book a week or anything. The book club has been in existance for two years and we’ve read 12 books. I would like to step that up a bit, but it goes to show there’s no worry of not being able to keep up or anything like that.
Like any group that’s been in existence that long members come and go. It’s time we need some new ones. So let me tell you how it works:
- I come up with 3 books. Book suggestions are welcome.
- I set up an online poll and give the link and the members vote on it and decide our next book.
- We try to discuss the book as we read it, but the last two books were so engaging no one really did until the end.
- Once the majority of members are done I set up a discussion thread where we all do discuss the book.
- Rinse, lather and repeat.
Some reasons the group is awesome:
- We always end up with great ladies in our group.
- We’re a diverse group and the different points of view are intriguing.
- We really REALLY good books.
We only have a couple rules:
- No insults.
- No cursing.
- Be considerate of different views.
The books we’ve read in the past are:
Henry’s Sisters, Sarah’s Key, The Murderer’s Daughters, The Book Thief, Before I Go to Sleep, Confessions of a Shopaholic, The Forgotten Garden, The Thirteenth Tale, The Friday Night Knitting Club, Mists of Avalon, The Help, The Wish Club
We’ve only abandoned one book: Pillars of the Earth. It’s been our only bust in two years.
We’re in need of new members.
It’s a private forum or all I’d have time to do is delete spammers.
We’d love for you to join us. The forum is here. When you sign up in the comments just say you read about it here and I’ll approve you. Member requests with no comment I assume are spammers.
We’re between books so it’s a great time to get in on the fun!!
I’ll be waiting for your member requests to pour in!